Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I'm like the Crypt Keeper


So I turned 30 yesterday. There aren't so many words I can use to describe this feeling. I'm pretty sure this gif sums it up:


I always knew this day would come, I just always expected to be more accomplished by 30. I texted my mom freaking out about two weeks ago and she promptly made fun of me for being old. I just always expected I would have done something by now: I would have my PHD, or a New York Times Bestseller or a Pulitzer prize.

I'm not saying I'm not happy with my life. I have a job I love where I recently got a promotion to be the manager of my department. I mean they actually let me be in charge of people, which we all know is a huge mistake. I'm happy living in Florida with iMac and we are even thinking about buying a house. We recently got a new cat, even though I objected to getting it loudly and often (a cat with my two terror dogs= recipe for disaster).

Her name is Ayra, because she is loving and will cut you

I just thought I would have done something note-worthy by now. I suppose I have 10 more years to accomplished something noteworthy now. Yay for procrastination!

In other birthday news, Imac made me a cake. He told me he was going to make me a big black cock, but it looked more like a tombstone. He also barricaded me out of the kitchen made a huge mess and wasted a ton of cake in the making of mine. At least it tasted really good.


So yay (oh god no) for being 30. I'm going to go cry into my bottle of wine now.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.