Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ch-Ch-Changes (2013 Year in Review)

 Its the second day of 2014, which means the internet is inundated with year in review articles and blogs. I would be remiss if I didn't post one of my own considering how much changed in 2013 for me.

In January of 2013, I was living in a tiny one-bedroom apartment with my two mutts. I had just started a job that turned out to be a nightmare (this boss). My coworkers there were awesome; It just wasn't the right company for me. In Feburary, Imac and I moved in together. This is my first time living with a boyfriend and its good and bad in its own weird way. I spend way too much time finding things for him. I swear he doesn't even look anymore, he just yells for me to find stuff. I am constantly searching for his belt or his cell phone or his car keys or his shoes. Boy can't keep track of anything.

In May, I turned 29 (ugh, yuck NOOOOOOO). I also got to go on a trip to Miami for a Digital Marketing conference my job was hosting. Miami was awesome. So awesome that I wrote three separate posts about it. I got to meet a lot of really great people in my field and got to cruise around the harbor on a fucking-huge yacht. Of course in June, I got fired/quit my job (jury is out on which it actually was). So it was back to waiting tables in July and I enjoyed it while it lasted. Waiting tables definitely has its moments.


At then end of August, Imac got offered an amazing job in Jacksonville, Florida so we uprooted ourselves in 11 days and moved 6 hours south. I won't lie, the 7 days to pack and move might have been the most stressful week of my life. I swear I had at least 3 nervous breakdown from it. Florida has been great though (except for the freakishly huge mosquitos and the insane amount of fleas). We live in a three-bedroom house with a fenced in backyard. Sure, we don't have a garage door opener or working outlets in the bathroom, but we have tons of space. It might have taken me awhile to find a new job but the job is awesome. Yes, I work in customer service and frequently get spoken to like I am an idiot, but somehow I find it fun and rewarding anyways. Plus, they let me play with the twitter accounts!

All in all 2013 ended on a high note. The year had its up and downs and my life definitely changed a lot in the last 12 months, but mostly for the better. Here to 2014 being a more stable year that 2013.

Now for my 2014 resolutions:

  • Get Healthier- its cliche to want to lose weight, right? With all the ups and downs this year, my weight went up and down to and a lot of it was due to my poor habits (like too much chocolate). So I want to eat healthier and get more exercise this year.
  • Blog More- I really slacked on the blogging last year, which is sad because I really love it. I doubt this will last past March though, because I tend to run out of things to say.
  • Finish a Novel- I've been working on like 3 novels for years now. I want to finish writing the rough draft of at least one of them this year.
  • Figure out how to avoid turning 30- There is really no way out of this except death right?
Obligatory Pic of iMac and I looking happy (Ginger Family FTW)

 Happy New Year and a great 2014 to all y'all!!
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.