Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Remember Doing the Time Warp

As I've said so many times before, I fell off the face of the planet again. I would love to tell you it won't happen again, but we all know it will. October was a busy month for me. I went on a ton of job interviews and finally got one!
HURRAY!!


This job is similar but different from my last one. I'm still working in digital marketing but I'm doing more customer service than marketing. I still get to write ad copy, which I love, but I'm doing a lot more of answering emails and helping people. This company makes apps for Facebook and their target market is people ages 40-60. So basically people who don't understand Facebook at all. Its kind of funny; many of the emails I get are about how to change their profile pic or move tabs on a FB business page. It's nice to be back at work. I was going a little crazy at home.

In unrelated news, Halloween just passed. I wouldn't say that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I like it but its not in the top 3. My favorite Halloween tradition, however, is to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I love dressing up and doing the time warp. Unfortunately, when I was living in Myrtle Beach there just wasn't a lot of options for RHPS.

I lucked out last year because one of the local colleges put on the play production. So I drug Imac out to see it, but the play version just isn't the same as seeing the movie version. There is just so much less you can do with it. This year in a much bigger city, I found out the local theatre/auditorium was doing it. This theatre is where all the major musical acts come to play when they come to town (Hugh Laurie and Alice Cooper just played there recently).

Anyways we show up 30 minutes prior and the place was packed. There must have easily been 300 people there (most in costume). There was a drag queen hosting the event and I got to go up on stage and do the time warp with her after the show. Even Imac admitted to having fun; this was his first time doing the movie version. We left partially soaked, covered in confetti and laughing so hard. I think I can convince Imac to do this every year now.

So now its November and Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Bring on the turkey!
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.