Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stir Crazy

So I have officially been in Jacksonville for three weeks and the insanity is starting to set in. For three weeks all I have been doing is sitting at home, job-hunting. I've had a few interviews but nothing has panned out yet, and I am the worst kind of person to be sitting home doing nothing. I go stir crazy in a matter of days.


It's just that I need to be doing something where I feel productive and valuable. This has led me to doing all sorts of things around the house. On Monday alone I did: 2 loads of laundry, the dishes, applied for three jobs, baked a batch of popovers and 4 1/2 dozen cookies between the hours of noon and five. I don't really need my house inundated with baked goods and so I have resorted to staring at my phone willing for it to ring.

Except you know my phone is more current

Imac has been particularly patient with the fact that A). I have not found a job yet and B). that I attack him when he comes through the door everyday because I am so desperate for human company. He's suggested that I find things to do during this time so that I don't become a mental case. So for the last week I have been doing nothing but writing blog posts (for this blog and another) and working on my novel (its about damn time). Imac also suggested that I start playing Final Fantasy XIV, which is an MMO game like World of Warcraft. Now I have never been a very big video game person. The games I normally play are things like Mario and Mario cart, so this has been a big adjustment for me. So far it's pretty fun albeit slightly confusing and I get lost a lot.

Let's just hope I find work soon before I decide to become the next Master Chef or something. Is this just a me thing? Do you go stir crazy when you are stuck at home too long?
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.