Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Binging

So I feel off my book reading wagon about a year ago because life keep popping up. Between work, the dogs, Imac and television, I just kind of stopped reading books. Not that I didn't have books to read. I have three books that are all half-read just lying around my house but I couldn't bring myself to read them. I'm still working on the writing of a book too (it has taken a bit of a backburner as well).

Then I lost my job and while I was goofing off on the interwebz I found out that the sixth book in my favorite Spellmen Series was coming out in July. I also knew that the tenth book in one of my other favorite series, The Pink Carnation Series, was coming out in August. So I knew I had two books coming up that I was really going to want to read and I was excited.

Then during my goofing around on the internet I checked in on an author's webpage I hadn't check in awhile. This author wrote a series I loved back in the early 2006-2007. She had written 4 books and then her publisher had decided not to continue with the series. I was heartbroken at the time, but I had frequently checked her webpage until about 2010 hoping the publisher had changed their mind. Well when I check about two weeks ago, the publisher had not changed their mind but a separate Japanese publisher had picked up the series and not only had she written a book five, but she had done a six and seven as well.

So I went from not having read any books in a year to having five books to read in a two month period. I still waiting on four of them to ship from Amazon (because I don't want to get a kindle!) but I'm thinking I am overdue for a book binging. It kind of feels like this:


I don't know what I am going to read after my book binging. I heard Jen Lancaster has a new memoir out though...

Tags

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.