Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dear 2012: Year in Review

Dear 2012:

Well first off, thanks for not ending on Dec. 21st, because that would have really ruined what has been a pretty good year for me. I mean 2012 was definitely better than its bitchy older brothers, 2011 and 2010. If this is a new trend for my life, I am happy to have the upswing of good fortune. So lets just go through what happened this year:


Winter: 2012 started off working at an amazing job where I got to read the news everyday, write articles and play on twitter for pay! Thank you 2012 for point me in the direction of what kind of jobs I should be doing. Sure my boss might have not have been the most kosher of people and I was still in the middle of a lawsuit, but it could have been worse. Then I met Imac and had the most retarded first date ever, even if he was super adorable and had no game whatsoever.

Spring: You let me down in Spring, 2012. It was kind of a downward dip for me. My grandparents moved to Florida. Imac and I broke up cause he was an idiot and I started dating again. There was plenty of horrible online dating stories and dates with the baseball guy, the stage 5 clinger and Crash Bandicoot. On the flip side I did get out of that horribly messy lawsuit, I had no point in even being a part of; So at least you gave me something.

Summer: 2012 kicked my ass in summer. I hit my lowpoint of the year around July. My parents and sister left for Florida leaving me hours away from my family. A guy I was really into friend-zoned me and then I lost my job in August because I didn't want to get into another lawsuit. Things turned around when Imac and I got back together even though I thought it was the worst idea ever at the time.

Fall: Fall returned me to one of my favorite snark topics: waitressing. You gave me horrible 80s clothed rednecks, people who don't know how to tip and made me a slightly more bitter person in general. But fall 2012 also gave me a boyfriend who actually seems to want to be with me, a chance to make the most awesome birthday cake ever, and a mini-vacation to Charleston. So I totally think that fall was a win in most respects.

And if December is any indication of what 2013 is going to bring I am going to be a very happy girl. I got an awesome new job that I love with a company who is on the upswing to great things. I got a real vacation for the first time in like 3 years, which included lying by the pool in my bikini in the middle of winter. I'm already planning a move out of my apartment into a new house/townhouse in February. I'm thinking about maybe taking a Caribbean cruise sometime this year.

All in all 2012, as bumpy as it was, turned out to be a really good year. Here is to hoping that 2013 is just as good for me and for all of you awesome readers.

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.