Thursday, December 13, 2012

Things are Looking Up!

So I might have mentioned in the last post that I got a new job. I won't lie, I applied for this job once before and didn't even get called. This time I applied assuming I was still black listed in this town because of the not-so-great reputation of my former boss. Lucky for me, this new company overlooked that and decided to hire me anyways.

I was kind of floored to be honest. I applied for the job and got an email back about an interview in less than an hour. We then scheduled my interview for later that day and I remember telling IMac "isn't being this available going to make me look desperate?" Apparently not because they hired me on the spot, which I was completely unprepared for. I mean inside I was doing this:

But I hadn't really expect it at all. So needless to say I was a little paranoid that something was going to go wrong between then and when I started. Nothing did go wrong and started on Tuesday and thus far the job seems great. All my coworkers are super friendly and this time around they are mostly my age. At the last non-restaurant job, I was the baby of the company at the ripe old age of 28. It always seemed a little strange to me for an internet/facebook company to be run by people who were old enough to remember the Apple II computer. I mean the internet is such a new media and the vast majority of people who really use it are of the under 30 generation, but frankly I am getting way off the point.

This job is similar and different from the last non-waitressing job. I'm still a writer but this time around I'm writing for marketing more than news or entertainment purposes. I'm okay with that. Writing is writing and as long as I am putting words on paper (or virtual paper) I am a happy girl. This company already seems way more legitimate than my last one and I doubt this job is going to get me tied up in a lawsuit.

So while this job is still in the honeymoon phase, I'm already really happy with it. Plus its a salary job which is so so so much better than waiting tables. No more worrying that I'm not going to make rent because people don't know how to tip or because the cooks took 35 minutes to make an order of pancakes.

No more rolling change to afford gas

I have to say this job is the perfect way to start a new year. It means a whole new outlook on whats going on with my life. My lease expires in February and Imac and I are seriously considering moving in together, which would mean I can save up more money to do more fun things (also to get my dogs to the damn vet). Here is to hoping that 2013 is even better than 2012.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.