Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Like a Surgeon...

...Cutting for the very first time.

Disclaimer: If you are squeamish, adverse to blood and gore, or have a weak stomach I am going to suggest you skip this post. Its really not that bad, but you never know



Alright since you have decided to continue with my ridiculousness.  For years I have had this skin tag/mole thing on my leg and I hate it. I got it sometime around age 12 and it has never gone away. It looked something like this:

But with less hair
 For 16 years I have had this thing on my leg and I've always been insecure about it. I think it messes up my leg line and I'm always slicing into it when shaving.  I was always weirded out by guys I was dating finding and then wanting to talk about it. I've tried to get rid of it multiple times with Compound- W or Freeze Away for warts and none of those times has it worked. This damn skin tag was determined to not go anywhere.

So finally about 2 weeks I got pissed off at it and after googling removal options for about 20 minutes. I grabbed my pair of meat cutting scissors from my knife block, some ice from my freezer and a wash cloth and CUT. THAT. BITCH. OFF.

I can hear your face in disgust from across the internet.

Maybe not my finest moment. It took a few minutes for me to get up the nerve to cut the thing off but then it one quick snip it was gone. (Also yes I cleaned those scissors before I used them and no, I have never actually used them to cut meat before either.) The gaping hole in my leg bled like a motherfucker for a good hour before it finally started to trickle off. I must have gone through 6 band-aids by then.  I then finally put on an Anti-Biotic band-aid and went to bed. I changed out the band-aids pretty regularly for about 3 days before decided to let it air dry (also because the band-aids were giving me more scabs and bruises than the actual hole).

The funniest part of all this has been the reactions from people when I tell them I did this:

Nugs: ew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so gross.
Coworker: What is wrong with you?
IMac:  Are you a cutter? Do you need more attention?
Mom: You are so my daughter. I did the same thing a few years ago.

It looked a little red for awhile but it's pretty much healed up now and looks just fine. I'm gonna be pissed if that damn thing grows back though.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.