Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'll Hold On to My Freedom

+5 to whoever can name the song that title is a lyric from! Anywho:

So FOUR separate people in the last week have ask me why Imac and I aren't living together. For it to come up once is one thing, but four times in a week is almost freakish. Now normally when I get asked this question I explain that IMac and I have only been dating 7 months and they are like "oh okay."  I'm not going to give dating advice (That's what Snark & Sex is for. Go check it out now!) but 7 months seems a little soon to me to move in together.

But this time around two of the people were like "so?" Now one of these people is a 17 year old girl who works with me (and also her boyfriend) and while I like them separately, when she and her boyfriend work the same days, I want to dump ice water over both of their heads.  I didn't really follow that up with anything when she asked because I had tables to wait on. The second time was one of our married cooks. When he asked that question, I paused, thought about it and then responded with "I'm not ready to give up my freedom yet."

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy in my relationship, but I have an independent streak a mile long. I have always either lived with my parents or lived alone. I haven't had a roommate since freshman year of college. And frankly, the dogs don't really count as roommates. So right after I said it I thought of all the things I wouldn't be able to do if I lived with Imac. Including:

  • Dancing around my apartment in my underwear
  • Eating food out of the pots I cook them in
  • Leaving my dirty clothes on the bathroom floor
  • Spending all day in my pajamas
  • Having Ice Cream for Breakfast
  • Going several days without shaving my legs
  • Not cleaning the shower for over a month (I sound like a slob. I'm really not-ish)

It's not that I don't want to live with IMac ever, I'm just not in a rush to do it anytime soon. I have to survive Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with my family before I can even think about moving in together. I mean we image moving in together being like this:

 When it would probably be more like this:

I'm just not in a rush to get there. So if you are married or in a relationship: how long did you wait until you moved in together?

NOTE: Okay so I don't want to be one of those girls who starts dating and that's all she can fucking talk about. So if these constant IMac posts are driving you up the fucking wall please tell me. It's just that I don't have a whole lot going on in my life right now and he takes up the majority of my free-time. Also another gratuitous plug for Snark & Sex!
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.