Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's a Chocolate/Peanut Butter Overload!

So Imac's 28th Birthday is today (yes I'm aware I am dating someone 5 months younger than me, does that make me a cougar? I think i'm more like a feral cat). Anyways, since we all know I have a baking problem, and Imac's family lives in various parts of the US, I volunteered to make his birthday cake. Okay not so much volunteered as much as I demanded to make the cake, but same dif right?

I set out to make a Kit Kat Barrel cake. I'm pretty sure I first heard of this cake when my sexy Irish Nip Cliquer Harley made it on her blog.

So Step 1: Assemble ingredients
Step 2: Make Cake, Fill Pans, Bake and cool Cake



Step 3: Make Filling

I made a Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese filling:

Recipe: 
6 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Milk
4 tbsp sugar

Step 4: Level bottom cake, Layer on filling, Sandwich with top level



Step 5: Make Frosting and Apply to cake

I made a chocolate cool whip frosting

Reciepe: 
1 5oz Box Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding
1 cup milk (mix the two and then add)
1 8oz container of Cool Whip



Step 6: Add Kit Kats, Bow and top with Reece's Peices (or M&Ms')


I used 9in cake pans and it took 10 1/2 regular sized packs of Kit Kats to go all the way around.


Step 7: Enjoy!

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.