Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why Does No One Believe Me?

Even though I am still pissed with NBC for always putting Mens Gymnastics on at like 11:15 at night, the Olympics are still totally dominating my TV watching schedule right now.

I've come to find though, that even my most diehard sports fan friends don't believe some of these Olympic sports are real. It all started when Imac came over when I was watching the Women's Team Gymnastics final. Now Imac didn't even know that the Olympics were going on until I told him. But ever since them I've been getting texts from him about some of these so-called Olympic Sports.

Like:
  • "Men's beach volleyball is an Olympic sport? That's what two drunk guys on the beach do."
  • "WTF is water polo? I thought polo was the thing with the horse and the stick. This looks like soccer in a swimming pool"

Of course I was telling Nugs about this, which resulted in this convo happening:

Rose: I told him he needed to watch olympic trampoline
Nugs: they have trampolines?
Nugs: are you fucking with me?
Rose: No, this is an actual sport. Its already given out its medals
Nugs: walking? is there a medal if you can do that and chew gum at the same time too?
Rose: only if you are playing olympic ping-pong
Nugs: OK, stop. this shit can't be real.

Except no, Olympic Ping-Pong is real. It's what Forrest Gump won in the movie. Olympic Trampoline is also real. Look there are pictures for proof:


Other Olympic Sports that really do exist:
  • Race Walking
  • The Hammer Throw
  • Handball
  • Fencing
  • Badminton
  • Skeet Shooting
  • Air Pistols
  • Judo

I'm not saying these are worthy of being Olympic Games. I'm just saying that they exist. Personally I think artistic roller-skating should be an Olympic sport and I'll start weight training my ankles.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.