Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moving On... In So Many Ways

I promised I'd be back to my regular snarky-self this week after the whole IMac debacle. I would love to tell you I am totally over him but I don't like lying to my readers. But thanks to Nugs, Ginny, The Nip Clique and several of my 5th floor boys, I am well on the road to being over him and moving on with my life.

That being said, I'm not going to spend anymore time even talking about him. There are way more important things going on in my life...

Like the fact that my entire family is moving to Florida. Sometime after I moved into my shiny new apartment in September, my parents decided to drop the bombshell that they were moving to Florida. They finally get me to live within an hour of them and then they decided to move. Seriously parents, WTF?


In fairness to them, they  are moving to Florida because my grandparents are moving there to live with my Aunt and Uncle. So this Saturday (on my birthday no less) I trudged up to my grandparents house (which is around the corner from my parents house) and said goodbye to my grandparents. They are moving to Trinity, Florida and leaving on Thursday. It was so depressing for me to see them go. My grandparents are the reason I am the person I am. I owe them so much I can't even begin to explain it. Seeing their house all packed up was just heartbreaking. I don't know when I am going to get to see them again, which just made it that much scarier for me.

My parents are moving to Bradenton, FL but not quite yet. My stepdad already got a job there starting in August, but they haven't put their house on the market yet and I'm hoping they don't sell it soon because OMG what am I going to do without any family within 10 hours of me. Who is going to bail me out when I screw shit up?

Everyone expects me to move down there too. I'm sure in time I will end up in Florida as well, I can't imagine Christmas without my mom's crazy Christmas Survivor games or Thanksgiving without my Grandpa's candied yams. I'm not in a rush to move. I have a job I really love here (I just interviewed a guy running for the state senate on Monday) and friends. While losing IMac was a blow to staying in South Carolina, Its not a decision I want to rush into making either. I full intend to take my time before deciding anything.

Until then, I'm having serious abandonment issues here. Is it weird that I want to be close to my family or is it normal to not like being so far away from them?

Tags

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.