Thursday, May 31, 2012

Getting Back On The Horse


So there is the old adage that when you fall off a horse you have to get right back up in the saddle and try again. I kind of believe that's true for everything in life including dating. So even though I got thrown pretty hard off the horse this last go around, its time for me to get back in the saddle (metaphorically speaking of course)


Anyways, since there is a better chance of Lindsey Lohan getting elected President than Imac and I getting back together (not that I'm totally opposed to it, but Nugs is) and I have gone through a respectable amount of grieving time for our brief notquite4month relationship - I have been giving dating another go around.

I would love to tell you its going great. It's not, but it hasn't been awful either. I've been on a couple first dates and even a second one or two, but I haven't found the next great love of my life. So far the guys have all been nice enough, but they don't exactly overwhelm me. The one guy I have been on two dates with is super nice and friendly and we have tons to talk about and there is just nothing there. I feel badly because he's such a nice guy and I know he would treat me well (and guys in my past haven't treated me all that great) but that's just not a good reason to date someone. Even Meathole guy agrees with me on that, and you know its bad when he agrees with me. I just want to like him so much more than I do, because on paper he is kind of perfect for me. But alas, you can't fake chemistry. Nugs has convinced me to go on one more date with him at least because who knows maybe he will surprise me, but I dunno about that.

But its nice to be reminded that I am in fact young, fun and attractive. And maybe, hopefully, someday I will find the right guy for me. While I'm working on that at least I'm having fun with the wrongs ones. So have you ever wanted to like a guy more than you did? How did you deal with it?

PS. If none of these names make any sense to you. I suggest you check out my newly updated Cast of Characters aka the people I talk about on this blog regularly.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.