Here it is! The highly anticipated Project Runway All-Stars. While I've already bemoaned some of these supposed "all-stars" versus people I think they should have brought back. Here is the run down of who actually is going to be competing for the biggest prize ever (line sold at Nieman Marcus, guest editor for Marie-Claire, sewing machines, fabric printers and tech and office space, and 100,000 cash)
- Austin Scarlett- Season 1 (4th place)
- Kara Janx- Season 2 (4th place)
- Elisa Jimenez- Season 4 (10th place) aka Wackadoodle
- Rami Kashou- Season 4 (2nd place)
- Sweet P- Season 5 (5th place)
- Jerell Scott- Season 5 (4th place)
- Kenley Collins- Season 5 (2nd place)
- Gordana Gehlhausen- Season 6 (4th place)
- Anthony Williams- Season 7 (5th place)
- Mila Hermanovski- Season 7 (2nd place)
- April Johnson- Season 8 (5th place)
- Michael Costello- Season 8 (4th place)
- Mondo Guerra- Season 8 (2nd place)
Up first they had each designer bring a piece with them and they suit up their models and make them walk right away. My initial reactions are cute; weird; cute prom dress; Austin Scarlett you can do better; Did Elisa really make that dress? Adorable Rami; is white chiffon really high class? OMG April you made another funeral dress; cute; cute; really cool.
And then the challenge comes and its the unconventional materials challenge! OMG Squeee! These are always my favorite challenges of the season. I mean you knew Austin Scarlett was a front runner in season1 when he made a dress from corn husks. Same with Jillian in season 4 when she made a dress from Twizzlers. This time they took them to the 99 cent store but their look has to be inspired from the outfit they previously showed.
And then we got to the part everyone really cares about: RUNWAY! There were some amazing outfits. Rami's suit (made with shopping bags and umbrellas, pictured above) was amazing and really couture looking. I mean made from umbrellas it was really amazing. I thought Kenley's shower mat and loofa dress was really whimsical looking, young and hip. Jerell managed to make an almost identical version of his first dress from scarves and placemats, which was kind of shocking, and it was gorgeous.
Top: Mondo, Rami, Jerell
Bottom: Sweet P, Gordana, Elisa