Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fuck You Daylight Savings Time


It's 8 o'clock in the morning as I am typing this, which is about 2 hours before I normally wake up and 3 hours before I am a functional person. The only reason I am even awake at this time is because of motherfucking daylight savings time (also I have a 9 o'clock conference call but that's a moot point).

Most people love daylight savings time at least in the fall when they get to roll their clocks back and sleep an extra hour. I used to love it too, until my biological clock said fuck this shit I don't care what time you think it is. I know what time it really is. See daylight savings time is a figment of our imaginations. We created it about 70 years ago to save energy. But my biological clock refuses to believe that bullshit anymore and has decided I am going to listen to it instead.

This is true of my dogs too. They have no concept of time; they're dogs. So they go to bed and get up everyday at the same time regardless of what the clock says. So they used to wake me up at 8 am to go out. Now its 7 am. I used to go to bed at midnight, now its 11 o'clock. I'm starting to feel like an old person.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.