Thursday, November 3, 2011

Close Encounters of the Nerdy Kind

So I don't really have too much to say. I've got a lot of outside (the internet) crap going on. I do, however, have some notes of the nerdy kind:

  • I started a FB page for my blog. I don't actually think I need it. I just felt like I should have it cause it seems to be what you do with your blog. I don't claim to be a blogging expert on this shit or whatever. But go like me so I don't feel like the last picked in gym class.
  • My Friends and I have stumbled across a blog recently where said writer claims to be nerdy. This girl, however, is not nerdy AT ALL. Being a nerd is culture, there are certain things you have to do to be considered a nerd. Doing your homework on a friday night does not make you a nerd. Being able to quote star wars on a daily basis (and the hard lines like "Grand Moff Tarkin, I should have known I would find you holding Vader's leash. I thought I smelled your foul stench when I was brought on-board." Not "Luke, I am your father" which is not actually a real line in the movie anyways.) or getting excited for the release of a book those things make you a nerd. Anyways this particular girl and blog inspired this FB post. 

  • This particular FB post actually goes on for some time but you get the gist of it. Anyways it inspired me to start "You Know You're a Nerd..." with two of my favorite fellow nerds: Tabs. A Geek and Shelly.
  • I'm doing National Novel Writing month this year. I don't expect to even come close to finishing but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm notorious for not being able to finish any novel I have ever started. I'm 2 days in and I haven't even written 1000 words for the story yet. It's not looking good for me, but dammit I tried right?
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.