Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some People Shouldn't Reproduce


For long time readers of this blog, you already know that I work as a waitress in Myrtle Beach. For those of you who didn't know, well now you do. Working in customer service means I come into contact with a lot of people. I mean a-fucking-lot of people.  And I've recently noticed that some people shouldn't reproduce.

That's right, I'm looking at you- parents of unruly, misbehaving bratty ass children. We've had a rash of spoiled rotten, screaming, obnoxious, really really really really bad children in our restaurant recently.

You know the type: The kids who run around the restaurant with no regard for the fact that people are working there, or their own personal safety since at any given moment I am carrying around a 20 pound tray of food up a flight of stairs. Or the kids who scream at the top of their lungs for 30 minutes for no other reason than they want to be screaming at the top of their lungs. I mean blood-curdling, glass shattering screaming. The kids who interrupt the server every 3 seconds demanding a refill or crayons or ketchup or another sheet of paper, so that I can't even get everyone else's food order. The kids who are climbing in and out of their highchair and bothering other tables.

Listen, not all parents are bad. I've met some really well behaved children and really good parents. But for the rest of you, learn how to discipline your children, or at least if they are causing a scene- please for the love of god take them out of the restaurant. Before I get a 100 comments from people with their panties in a twist because I am saying this, listen I understand being a parent is hard work. I have 5 sisters, one of which is Autistic, so I understand how hard it is too keep your kid from throwing a hissy-fit over something. But my mother never let us pull that shit, and even with Lil' Miss Sis- she keeps her entertained and if she is really pitching a fit she takes my sister out of the restaurant until she clams down. But there is no fucking excuse for letting your children run up and down the stairwell with no supervision in a place of business. You want me to let my dogs loose in your office building? I bet they can chew up 3 filing cabinets in under 2 hours.

Also for parents off snotty ass preteens and teenagers, if i want to backhand your child- you have a problem. Its not my job to deal with your 12 year old's attitude problem. Teach them some manners and how to treat people. I had a girl today pitch a mother-fucking-fit because she ordered a chicken sandwich without coleslaw (our sandwiches come with coleslaw in a ramekin on the side of the plate) and the plate came out with coleslaw. She started practically yelling at the top of her lungs that "she didn't order coleslaw, and what was it doing there, and she said she wanted it left off and blah blah blah." I rang the order in correctly, sometimes the kitchen puts it on anyways. They see 300 chicken sandwiches a day, its not that big of a deal you simply move the ramekin off your plate. The kitchen made a mistake, I didn't even reach the table until after the plate had been put in front of her otherwise I would have taken it off myself. She later made a comment to her mother to hold her purse while she went to the bathroom cause she didn't want anyone stealing it.The only other person in the bathroom was a fellow waitress- who this little brat made an evil glare at. Listen bitch unless you are carrying 200 bucks in cash or pot, no coworker of mine is going to steal your cheap JCPenny Justin Beiber purse.

I really shouldn't work with people.... ever
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.