Thursday, July 28, 2011

Project Runway: I'm Not Over It

I hope she uses those scissors to cut Nina's throat

As I sit down to write this post the Season 9 premiere of Project Runway is airing across the east coast of North America and for the first time I am not watching it.

It's a painful decision. I assure you it hurts me more than it hurts them... probably.

But frankly, I'm not over it. I'm not over Gretchen Jones winning over Mondo last season. I'm not over Michael Kors and Nina Garcia bullying Heidi and Jessica Simpson into making that decision. I'm not over how Hitler Gretchen's clothes look like something i would wear to clean my garage and i'm expected to believe its fashionable. Now granted, I'm an East Coast girl and that whole crunchy-granola-hippie-fashion shit does not swing here. But seriously her collection was hideous and the only reason she won was because she kissed Michael and Nina's ass whereas Mondo didn't and IT. STILL.PISSES.ME.OFF.

I was talking to G-fab the other day and he happened to be watching season 7 reruns on tv and sadly he was like "I don't remember who the fuck these people are and if i even liked them."

This made me sadder than a 5 year old when they hear the ice cream man and run outside just to find out it was some pedobear in a truck playing that music. I mean I only remember Seth Aaron, Emilio and Anthony from that season myself.  G-fab and I can still name almost every castmember from PR season 2 and in what order they were eliminated. WE WERE THAT HARDCORE. At one time we would countdown to the new season of project runway, place early season bets on who was going to make it to Bryant Park and tease each other unmercifully when the other one's designers got booted off.

It just goes to show how far the show has fallen. I'm not watching the premiere tonight. I won't lie and say I won't watch season 9 out of spite. I probably at some point will cave into my PR addiction and watch this season, but it won't be the same. All the luster and shininess has left PR with the horrible horrible wrong that happened last season, and i'm not sure they can ever do anything to fix that.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.