Tuesday, May 17, 2011

OPEN LETTER: Listen Bitches

Dear women (and men) who treat being single like its a disease:

Kindly STFU. I realize that having a man may be the only thing making your world turn, but its not the end-all be-all of mine. I'm so sick of getting condescending remarks when people find out I am single. One more "oh, I'm sorry sweetie, I'm sure it will get better soon" is going to cause me to go all Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-Ass Kicking on someone. Being single is not cancer, i don't need it to get better. Also, I'm not contagious being friends with me will not cause you to break-up with your boyfriend.

This isn't the 1950s anymore. Women don't need men to have a life. I can go out and drink at a bar or go to a concert or eat dinner at a restaurant without a man. I certainly accomplished plenty without having a boyfriend. I don't need you to fix me. I don't need your advice, and I don't need you to set me up with some great guy you know. I'm not sitting at home crying every night because i'm single. I'm sorry your life is so pathetic that your world revolves around having a boyfriend, but mine doesn't.

I'm not single because i can't find a man. I'm single because i refuse to settle for some idiot who isn't good enough for me just to be in a relationship. On the plus side, I still get to get drunk and randomly makeout with people. I get to come and go as i please, and i don't have to worry about whether or not my Boyfriend will allow it. So Fuck Off


Sincerely,
Single Girls of America
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.