Friday, May 7, 2010

I Want the Fairytale


I've spent a large part of my life telling myself I do need or want a relationship. That I am independent enough that those things are beyond me. I'm the same person with or without a relationship, right? If I'm dating someone great and if I'm not great. But I realize the other night: I want the fairytale.

Which means i have to stop dating the kinds of men I date. By that i have to stop dating guys I need to fix, guys that I'm settling for, and guys that are settling for me. I'm awesome and amazing and genuine and I waste a lot of time with guys, when it is so clear that I am someone they are settling for rather than someone they want to be with. I don't want to be someone anyone settles for. I want someone whose going to appreciate me, instead of focusing on the 2 or 3 bad things about me.


Someone told me I should make a list of what I want. Here goes:
  • Someone who's going to be honest with me
  • Someone who's going to bring me flowers for no reason
  • Someone who isn't afraid to argue with me
  • Someone who sees me as a real person, not a girl on a pedestal and not a girl that's unworthy
  • Someone who is going to appreciate and respect me for me
In return they will get a girl who:
  • Is always going to be honest 
  • Is never going to cheat
  • Will bring them soup when they are sick
  • Loves Sex
  • Is always going to support them 
  • Knows they aren't perfect
  • Will not cause drama for no reason
  • Loves sports
If that's asking too much, oh well. It's what I want and what I think i deserve. I want the fairytale and not going to settle for less.

Tags

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.