Monday, May 31, 2010

Bloggerstock: What's Your Theme Song (UPDATED)

So I decided to do Bloggerstock this month. If you've never heard of it, basically its a blog swap ring. Blogger A sends his post to B, B sends his to C, C sends his to D and D sends his to A. So its basically a big ring. This months topic is: What is Your Theme Song? Sounds easy enough to write about, right? (actually its kinda hard picking one song, but that's for another post).

Anyways I'm hosting Scott or SirBlogabit from Blizblazbliblog. He's a 20-something Physical Therapy Graduate Student from Illinois. He's only been blogging for a few months, but he's totally hilarious. Anyways here is his post:

Ya know, this was real real tough. There are sooooo many good songs; instead of just picking my favorite song I wanted to find one that had real significance in terms of how I live, or would like to live.
After deliberating for several hours I finally settled on a selection. By random happenstance it is by my favorite band, but it is not my favorite song.I figure the best way to do this is to display a series of lyrics, and then explain what they mean to me and how they relate to my being.
And so, I present to you my theme song – “Transparent” by In Flames.
-you may find lyrics here--> "Transparent"

Consume all the obscene
Persuade the most hideous and ugly
Under every pile and stone 
A rebirth, for you to find
-
Ya know the expression, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade”? I think that is basically the message that is being portrayed here. I like to make the most out of every situation. When I’m presented with an undesirable situation I take it for what it’s worth and relish the opportunity to take a challenge and turn it into something positive. A challenge is a chance for you to learn something new about yourself and add to your repertoire of life experiences.

Freedom is to be able
To go in any direction
So take the uncertain path
-
So, I love this lyric and I really think it personifies my character. I like to do what I want to do when I can do it. I love being presented with a situation with options, make a choice, and run with it. Don’t be boring, don’t always choose the safe path. Choose something in life that you love and pursue your goals. You may not be rich, but you’ll be happy.

One foot in the open
Ten feet ahead
Build your own ladder
And don't lie to yourself

- I think this is pretty self explanatory. Work for what you want, and don’t try to convince yourself something is what you want just because the money is good or because it’s the popular thing to do.

Secrets left above the grave (It's not for one to keep)
You're all so self destructive
Spend more time with the broken (see what became of their mistake)
You know you're lost when you feeltransparent
-
Well, I’m not entirely sure about the first two lines, but I think it means share your experiences with
others so they can better themselves. To me the second two lines are simple: Learn from the mistakes of others and when you feel empty and don’t receive gratification from your everyday life you know you need to make a change.

Be at one with the wind
Even if it's a struggle
Make this your priority
-
If you could squeeze me tightly and drain all my liquids into an ink cartridge then use it to type a message on paper this lyric would be the result. I do my best to keep my mind open to new experiences because I never want to miss out on the chance of a lifetime, I think that is the same message conveyed through these words.
\
Open all your senses
To new impressions
Act like all that was has vanished
-
I think this is a reiteration of the previous set of lines. Keep your mind free and open. Don’t worry about stereotypes you may have gathered. Surprise someone, surprise yourself. In short, I aspire to live my life
without restriction and with as much satisfaction as humanly possible. I like to take chances and make the most out of any situation. The messages within this song are relatively the same. I do my best, but I can’t say I’m perfect. As always, lyrics are up to interpretation. What do you think the take home message from this  song is?


UPDATED: Apparently the girl that was supposed to host mine went on vacay. So now if you would like to continue reading the chain, mine will be hosted at Inside the Mind of Booya.

If you want more info about Bloggerstock or want to sign up for the next one, that can be found here

Tags

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.