Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baking fits

So I love to bake. Really, I love to cook in general I always have. This isn't to say i haven't screwed up recipies or burnt something because i have. But I find cooking fun, its a method of stress relief for me.

That being said I don't do it that often. Why? because it never fails that any recipie I make I somehow effectively make twice as much as its supposed to make. If a recipie says 12 cupcakes I make 24. If it says 2 dozen cookies I make 4 dozen. I don't know how or why this happens but it always does. Since i live alone with two dogs, there is really no need for me to have 24 cupcakes lying around my apartment waiting for me to eat them. That is just calories I don't need.

Luckily, I recently realized that a couple of my friends live within walking distance and no male is going to turn down free homemade treats. So in the last month or so i've made: Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese muffins, Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chip cookie dough centers, Shortbread cookies and I will probably end up making cupcakes with cream cheese icing tonight.

Seriously my mixer has been used more times in the last month and a half than it has in the entire year before. The only problem is graduation is coming up, my friends are leaving and I am going to still want to bake and no one to bake for. Maybe i should find a recipie for dog treats. My puppies would love that!
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.