Saturday, March 27, 2010

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

And no I am not talking about Christmas. I am talking about Spring, which i love for many reasons none of which have to do with my allergies. I love the warm weather. I love the fashion, anyone who has seen my legs understands why. I love the flowers in bloom. I love that my birthday is right around the corner. But mostly i love spring because that means Baseball Season is Back!

Nothing is sweeter than the smell of new baseballs, AstroTurf, and watching hot men in tight pants play America's pastime. A lot of people give me grief for loving baseball. The vast majority of Americans think football is the superior sport. That's fine they can be wrong think what they would like. But i will always be a baseball girl and my heart will always belong to the Yankees. 

Yes, the New York Yankees. The most hated team in baseball. I have many friends who wonder why they are friends with me when spring rolls around. I have no excuse, because i don't need one. My family is from New Jersey. My Father, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents have all been Yankee's fans. My mom and one cousin are the lone hold out -Mets fans. I can't help it if they like the underdogs. UNC-Sis and our Stepdad, however, are Braves fan. I can't do anything about their bad choice in baseball teams decision. Being a Yankees fan is in my blood and i with them whether they win or lose, even when they have awful seasons like 2008. So Welcome back Boys in Blue. I've missed you!
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.