Sunday, March 21, 2010

Do You Know the Muffin Man?


Well I sure as hell don't know the muffin man. I do, however, know where the nearest Krispy Kreme Doughnut is (
A. within walking distance of my apartment). But this is all beside the point, I have a baking problem.

I love to cook. I always have. Put me in a kitchen with a stove, some pots and pans and food and I will make something. And i will be quite happy doing so as long as i don't have to clean up later. So Friday night I was in the mood to bake. After 10 minutes of scrolling through allrecipes.com I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Muffins. Chocolate Chips and Cream Cheese, two of my favorite things ever? My mouth was salivating at the thought. 




 Now in true Coyote Rose fashion: I made a mess baking; I didn't follow the recipe exactly; and I added 4x's the chocolate chip suggested. Under the pretense that you can never have enough chocolate chips, right? Also in true me-fashion the recipe said it was going to make 12 muffins and I managed to make 21, which is entirely too many muffins and calories to have floating around my apartment tempting me. So ACC and Hoss got the extras (see there are benefits of being friends with me).

They didn't turn out perfect though. The batter (because lets be honest we all lick the batter) tasted much better than the muffins. Something during the cooking process baked out the taste of cream cheese in the muffins. So next time I'm doubling the cream cheese!
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.