Sunday, November 22, 2009

Biting the Bullet


So I'm 25 years old. I have spent the last 7 years avoiding getting a credit card. It's not that i don't think they are useful or practical to have. It's simply: I do not trust myself with a credit card. I'm a girl. I have a serious shopping problem. And i don't mean i buy $150 dollar pairs of Betsey Johnson's (Love Them!), I have enough self-control not to do that (I think...) but I will spend money on clothes i don't need, or electronics (I do love nifty little toys) or toys for my dogs.

But i'm in a serious crunch right now. My job isn't giving me enough hours to cover my bills, Christmas is right around the corner, and phd applications are due quite soon. And its not that i'm flat broke, i still have a fair amount of loan money to cover a lot of these things, but not all of these things, and i don't get my new loan check until Jan 6th which is after well after when my December bills are due. So i finally bit the bullet and got a credit card. I'm not happy about it. I told Ancient Civ Chick to break my hand if i ever got a credit card. But you have to do what you have to do to survive right? Plus i can pay it off in Jan when i get my new loan money, and after that it will be for emergencies only. Plus Capital one let me choose my picture and I got the a cute flower one (see above).

But i still feel guilty about it...
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.