Monday, October 12, 2009

The Dreaded Job Hunt


So circumstances in my life have forced me back onto the job market. My graduate assistantship for last year was only a one-year grant contract. So even if my boss wanted to hire me again, she doesn't have the funds to do it. I was hoping to get a GA position with my department but due to budget cuts there they weren't able to offer me a position.

So i've known i needed a job since august (technically before then) but i hate job hunting. It's just the repetitiveness of it that makes me crazy. Plus, why is it when i ask if a place is hiring i get a 5 minute diatribe on it. It's a yes or no question, or a maybe (we're taking applications).

But having put it off for 2+ months I finally got started job hunting today by hitting up the local mall. I don't need a full-time job so i will work doing just about anything for money at this point. So i put in 6 applications today and will probably put in another 4-6 the rest of the week. Job hunting is a numbers game. It may take 50 applications to get 1 job, and it may only take 4. But you don't know until you try. Kinda like it took Elmer Fudd 500+ times to get that silly rabbit.

Luckily, a lot of stores are hiring seasonal people for Christmas, so maybe i'll get lucky and get hired on for that and they will just keep me. Otherwise i'm going to keep singing "Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit."
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.