Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It Took Me 15 Minutes to Kill The Band


So anyone who knows me knows that i am a huge fan of Fall Out Boy. Mock me for Emo music, fine. But the are legitimately a good band, even if some of their songs make no sense. Actually you can make sense of most of them if you can read between the lines and make connections. There is this song Tiffany Blews, which i didn't get until i realized it all came back to Audrey Hepburn (Tiffany= Breakfast at Tiffanys, Roman Candle= Roman Holiday, Little Black Dress= Classic Hepburn). I had that light bulb over the head moment with that song title too.

Anyways i've seen the band in concert once already with a bunch of freinds and I'm going to see them again in April with my sisters. Anyways one of the reasons I'm such a huge fan is that they have a wicked sense of humor. They are the kind of band that isn't afraid to make fun of themselves. So I was looking at their Concert Tour info because i heard one of the opening acts i want to see isn't going to be at my show, and i stumbled upon their blog and found this: Fall Out Boy Trail

For those of you who didn't grow up in the early 1990's, this is a mock of the very popular game Oregon trail; where you got a group of travelers, bought food and supplies and set off on the Oregon trail back during the migration west. Along the way you'd go hunting, ford rivers, and get attacked by Indians all while trying to keep you. I played this game alot growing up and what Fall Out Boy did was update the game to match their touring life. Basically you get the band and food (McNuggets) and travel across the country on tour playing gigs (you actually do play the music ala guitar hero), partying, and trying not to get attacked by zombies. It's the kind of throwback fun that only FOB could pull off. And it took me all of 15 minutes to kill the band in my first game.

Tags

All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.