Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol: I love Norman!

So American Idol purists are going to hate me for this one, but i love Norman Gentle. I think he is the funniest contestant on the show ever (sorry Chris Sligh, you are now number 2). Can he sing all that well? No, not really. Not to say he doesn't have a good voice, i mean it is certainly better than mine but he's no Whitney Houston (and really who would want to be right now? is she even out of rehab yet?). But the guy is funny. He doesn't take the show too seriously like some other contestants *Cough Tatiana Cough* and he is doing what he really enjoys; singing and making people laugh. I mean isn't that what the show is about, following your dreams? I have to say he is succeeding in that.

I know AI is supposed to be a singing competition, but lets be honest its a reality show. It does things on purpose to boost it's ratings. And in all seriousness after the Sanjaya incident a few years back, can anyone really gripe about purity of the show and looking for talent? This show is like the Presidental Election; it's a frickin popularity contest. The best candidate doesn't always win. I mean Taylor Hicks over Chris Daughtry really? Lets compare record sales on that one. So I am for Norman Gentle. I'm not going to pick up the phone and vote for him to stay. But in all fairness the last time i voted was for Clay Aiken in season 2. So lets just have fun with him

For those who missed last nights performance or who don't watch the show:


All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.