Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Book of Life; Chapter 4 comes to a close.

I've always considered my life to be a book of sorts, blame it on the inner nerd in me. I actually have my life divided up into chapters that start and stop at points that are relevant only to me. Each chapter tells a different part of my story and I'm different in all four chapters because i've grown and learned. Until now each chapter in my life stopped and started without my knowledge but for the first time in my life i can actually feel a chapter coming to a close. Chapter 4: the College years has been thus far the favorite chapter in my life. I've met some people who have been incredibly influential in my life whether they meant to be or not. I've met some Friends who are going to be with me the rest of my life and the closest thing i may ever have to a soulmate.

But it all feels like it's ending. Now granted it probably should have ended when i actually graduated College 2 years ago but it didn't because all my friends were there and i still felt really connected to that place. Two years later it all feels like it's ending. Jeff and Jamie are graduating and going off to graduate schools in Pennsylvania and Baltimore respectively. Cone and Travis are going off to the working world to be adults (lets see how long that lasts). The rest of my really close friends are going to be graduating in the next couple years and moving on to better things. I'm planning to go to graduate school myself in the fall (Norfolk, Virginia Here I Come, Hopefully).

It's both sad and hopeful. Things change, life moves on and you either go with it or you get swept away with it. I'm happy that my friends are chasing their dreams and that I'm chasing mine. I only want what is best for them because i love them. Friends are people who accept you for who you are: the good, the bad, the nerdy, the weird, your hopes, your dreams, your failures. But i'm sad that its all ending. That i can never go back to the way it was in college. That there won't be another night of ultimate Frisbee and Kyle making fun of me. No more Cone and Tyler and 3 am Taco bell runs. No more Jeff and Jamie at Steak and Shake complaining about a staff meeting. After graduation i don't even know when the next time Jeff, Jamie and I will all be together. It's all enough to make me really thankful for everything I've had. The last 5 years have been the best in my life, and i wouldn't give them up for anything. Hopefully, Chapter 5 will be as good as Chapter 4 was.
All of these stories are mine except the ones that aren't. Pictures are property of their creators. Powered by Blogger.